40 Days for Life Begins Today!
Let us pray that the 40 days to come will be a time of fasting, prayer, and community outreach such that many hearts throughout the world are softened, and many people turn their back on the violence and abortion and return to the Lord our God.
From the 40 Days for Life national headquarters:
There have now been ten coordinated 40 Days for Life campaigns since 2007, mobilizing people of faith and conscience in 440 cities across the United States and Canada, plus cities in Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belize, Denmark, England, Georgia, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Poland, Puerto Rico and Spain.During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!
- 1,894 individual campaigns have taken place in 440 cities
- More than 525,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 15,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 5,928 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 69 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 24 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 2,100 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery