Sunday, April 15, 2012

Confessing to Siri

I am going to try an experiment in language. And honesty. And new technology.

For all of this Easter season I will dictate to Siri and publish my dictations. Siri is the voice recognition program on my new iPhone.  I named my blog Confessions of a Cooperator. I meant it to be a record of a life lived within the paradoxes of Catholicism. I would like to try that once again. For this Easter season I will live up to the name of this blog. I will confess to Siri.

It is 6:51 AM on Divine Mercy Sunday. The light of morning cracks through my window blinds. I hear birds twittering. My back hurts and I have a headache. Dictating to Siri already has a salutary effect. Usually I am torn between my duty to pray and my desire for mindless consumption of experience. But dictating to Siri is already a mindful activity. So let me pray.

Full disclosure, Lord. I am tongue-tied this morning. I love you, I praise you, I thank you for the blessings of my life. I go now to speak to you in silence. Siri, over and out.

No comments: