Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Invitation to prayer


Joining in daily prayer with a friend of mine, me to Mary as mother of Jesus and she to the Goddess (the true Divine), counting Mary as one of her forms.

I'm putting my prayer here so I can refer back to it easily. And to remind myself of our mutual lifting of one another in prayer. We have radically different notions of the Divine. I hope and pray that we make the world a lighter place for uniting in prayer, religious antagonists though we are. Please join us in this prayer as you think of it! Lift up your hearts and minds to the true Divinity however you may understand *DIVINEBEING* . One of my longstanding goals in life is to motivate folks of different religions and no religion to pray for one another from the heart. Religion is a human construct, but the "heart" (the seat of love, not the organ) is a gift with which we are all endowed by our Creator. Even if we don't think we have one. (Creator, that is, or possibly heart also although that's rarer).

If you want to let me know you are joining in this prayer, by all means do. I find mutual prayer efforts within the community of humankind to be very encouraging to my own faith and journey.
Morning Consecration to Mary

My Queen, my Mother, I offer myself entirely to thee. And to show my devotion to thee, I offer thee this days my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am thine own, keep me, guard me as thy property and possession.

No comments: