Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've been catching up on Minute Meditations from the Popes, a daybook compiled of short quotes from the popes of the 20th century. From Dec. 10:
Nazareth is the school in which one can begin to understand the life of Jesus: the school of the Gospel. Here one learns to watch, to listen, to meditate, and to penetrate the most profound and mysterious meaning of this manifestation of the Son of God.
Abortion has been weighing on my mind. I'm not sure how meditation on the Holy Family will help, but I am going to try today to pray for how in the coming year I might best be a witness to Christ against this profound scourge on the land.

1 comment:

Easter A. said...

Thanks for this post, Rae! And thanks for your passion to free the unborn; it is an inspiration. Much aloha to you and your loved ones!