Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Owen Danyo - Miracle Boy?




Whew. It's finished. This YouTube video is the fruit of my recent trip to Los Angeles for a media literacy workshop with the Daughters of St. Paul. It's been rolling around in my head for a couple of years now. It's the closest I can come to expressing the sorrow and joy of the last couple of years in my personal life and that of my family.

Here is what I wrote in YouTube under info:

This is the true story of my grandson, Owen Danyo, set to the beautiful and distinctive music of singing-songwriter Zoe Mulford.

A miracle is defined as "an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers."

Owen's neurologist wrote to the Postulator for the cause of Blessed James Alberione in Rome, that "Based on all the information that we had from Owens history, physical exam and brain studies as a newborn, his remarkable outcome to date is completely unexpected and not explainable medically, even given the substantial plasticity of the newborn brain."

Economist Stuart Chase is credited with the saying, "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." I am a Catholic Christian believer. I believe in the power of Christ as I believe in the power of love. Neither is subject to experimental verification, because neither is solely material. Both have one foot in nature and one in supernature.

Experience of a lifetime has shown me to my complete satisfaction that although the chaos and tragedies of life can threaten to overpower beauty, truth, and love, these nevertheless beat at the heart of reality.

These and all good things are encompassed and encapsulated in the Passionate and Sacred Heart of Christ -- your redeemer and mine.

Ask Him if it be not so. You will discover the pearl of great price, and win the lottery of your heart's delight.

No comments: