Friday, July 24, 2009

Blogging from Nick Pernisco's blog workshop


I'm sitting here in a classroom in Culver City, California, watching a Common Craft video called Logs in Plain English, in a presentation given by Nick Pernisco who teaches media literacy and other such courses in the Communications Dept. of Santa Monica College. He's got a media literacy website with links to all of the presentations he is giving us today. Also he's got a link to his Understand Media Blog there.

This image I am using here? I did not buy it! I google imaged it! Not a licit way of doing so. This is what Nick calls "taking the easy way out."

Okay, okay, I guess I'll have to start using my own images or get a subscription to dreamstime or istockphoto


Ooohh, here's a free digital images website, where you can get images licitly without paying.

Oops, it's on to Podcasting. Maybe I will finally get my podcasting in gear! I've already got permission from Zoe Mulford to use her song Life Is Too Short to Fold Underwear as my podcast theme!

She's a terrific singer-songwriter, by the way. You should listen to her stuff and then buy her music!


No comments: