Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blogging from Del Mar CA, the Pacific coast is beautiful!

Look at the terrific Hilton Del Mar that William Shatner found for me in Del Mar, California, for peanuts! I am in the lap of luxury, whereas two nights ago I paid about 60% of what I'm paying today, to sleep in the top bunk of a 9-woman dormitory in a hostel in downtown San Diego.

Priceline, you are my friend for life!


Last night I had dinner with Duffy Tweedy and his family: wife Mary, and sons Richard, Francis, Patrick and Joseph. Duffy is an online friend from the christifideles group; we share a love for movies. I didn't know he lived in San Diego, so it was serendipity when he read my Facebook update and discovered I was traveling in his neck of the woods. I loved meeting his four sons, each of them unique, very much a warm family together. He's the opposite side of the coin from Alan and Debbie Harbaugh, who have four lively daughters. Alan and Mary should do a "trading spouses" thing so they can each see what it's like to live in a household with folks of their own gender!


I can see why folks like Southern California. I can getting used to the weather. Sunny with blue skies! What's not to like? The Tweedy kids were asking me about what it's like to live where there is actual daily change in weather. A rainstorm? Folks here treat it like it's falling acid, Joseph said.

One more perfect day on the beach at Del Mar, then I'm heading back to LA for the Film Retreat.

1 comment:

cool said...

Thank you so much for providing individuals with remarkably pleasant opportunity to read from this site. It’s always very pleasing and as well , stuffed with a lot of fun for me personally and my office colleagues to visit the blog nearly three times a week to find out the newest stuff you have got. And definitely, we are at all times motivated with your mind-boggling guidelines served by you. Some 1 points in this article are essentially the best we have all had.
Florence Hotels