Thursday, April 02, 2009

Brian Andreas is a Trusting Soul


I'm culling my Pious Ladies Bookmobile stock so that I retain only books that a) I like and/or b) they will sell for more than $8.00. I do this periodically and it allows me to make discoveries all over again.

For example: TRUSTING SOUL: Collected Stories & Drawings by Brian Andreas. This is a beautifully crafted book, goofy drawings & text printed in two separate fonts so that it seems like two separate voices, the whole of it printed on high quality paper. My copy is black on gray. I see that he now has a color cover version, but I think I prefer the black and gray.

Visit his web site to get a flavor for this artist, writer, husband and father. His stuff makes me smile:

Don't you dare be
rational at a time
like this, she told
me, or I'll be forced
to admit I wasted
all these years on
you.

I asked her what she planned
to do with her life & she said
she was way beyond that
point already. I'm just happy
I remember to be there when
it happens, she said.

There has never been
a day when I have not
been proud of you,
I said to my son,
though some days
I'm louder about
other stuff so it's
easy to miss that.

I'm very broad minded
usually, she said, but it
gets very narrow & fast
in spots.
I try & walk a line between terror & ecstasy, she said & then she shook her head. You'd be amazed at the people who avoid me for no good reason, other than that.

RULES FOR A SUCCESSFUL HOLIDAY

1. Get together with the family

2. Relive old times

3. Get out before it blows.





1 comment:

cool said...

One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. Youve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence.
Barcelona Hotels