Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jenny D'Orazio causing mayhem

This beautiful young lady is my niece Jenny, who left the East Coast for the sunny climes of first California, then Arizona when she was just a kid. Gotta follow Mom and Pop! She's the same age as my daughter Em, and wasn't I sad for Em's sake that all the girl cousins moved so far away when they were all little?

Anyway. Jenny is cool, as are all the Arizona cousins. I found this on her Facebook page and it made me so bubbly happy that I just had to post it. Jenny does full-time ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ, and while I wish she'd come back to her Catholic roots eventually I am happy to see the Christ-fervor passed on to a new generation. Her granddad Nick D'Orazio, for whom her dad is named, was quite a devout man. That's often forgotten in family lore, but Marguerite and I were remembering it the other day. When he wasn't debilitated by mental illness, he was a quietly humorous, Bible-reading Catholic (in the 40's and 50's this was far more a rarity than it is now) with a reputation for goodness.

Jenny's sister Mary is getting married next month. The beat goes on!

No comments: