Saturday, July 28, 2007

On the road again...


Since June 20, aka Rae's Retirement Day, I have luxuriated in my first true summer vacation since I was a kid. Tomorrow Bill and I hit the road again, just the two of us, for the first time since our graduation/delayed-honeymoon cross-country hitch-hiking trip in 1971.

On the road again, with my beloved! I feel 19 again. But so very happy that I am not.

First we head to Williamsburg for two days and two nights, enjoying a mini-holiday at the Williamsburg Marriott courtesy of a United Way give-away at Delaware Tech. Then we head south to Selma to see Gabe & David and our very dear little grandkids Zeke and Amelia. Then, almost straight north up I-65 to Indianapolis, then west to Chicago to see Bill's brothers and sisters.

I shut down my book business for the duration.

I am ever so excited. Hip hip hooray!!

No comments: