Friday, May 11, 2007

political correctness: an educational tool

Money quote of the week, from a News Journal article about conservative professor Alan Charles Kors who came to the UD campus to debate the topic, "Are modern universities a threat to liberty in America?" (Kors took the affirmative).
"In a sense, he said, many faculty members truly believe that their students are the progeny of a homophobic, sexist, racist, ultra-patriotic society, and for $40,000 a year they will cure them of it."
How true. Now that I have kids in college, I understand the betrayal my mother felt when I was in college during the Vietnam War days. She was of the opinion that the professors turned her children against the values of her generation. "We sent you to college to get the education we didn't have," she told me once, "and they taught you to hate America."



No comments: