My new daughter-in-law Carrie is back at her mother's, with a pain in her abdomen since Tuesday. Walter was with her last night, I don't know if he stayed the night or went back to their place. MRIs were inconclusive, several possibilities. She has to wait until Thursday when she meets back up with her OB/GYN who will then have results of numerous tests.
Waiting for medical results while in pain and uncertainty is one of life's more nerve-wracking experiences. There's a knotty mass under her skin that all can feel. What is it? One would like to assume that the medical folks know what they are doing and that if it were a life-threatening situation they would admit her to the hospital and do something. She did have the choice of being admitted to the hospital, but basically only to wait until all the test results come in but with stronger drugs than percoset. She is in enough pain that it all feels wrong and very, very scary.