Wednesday, July 26, 2006

GRAYISH SPACE ON PAPER PAGES: NICE WORDS BY MARK DORAZIO

As I continue to discuss controversial issues with the CrossWalk America folks, I thought I would transcribe some of my brother Mark's poems from a journal he wrote in 1990 when first starting out as a long-distance walker. The dedication is "TO MY SISTER RAE", and a little further on in this entry I will write you the first poem in the book, which probably inspired the dedication. But I will start off with this short one. The CWA folks, I wonder -- if St. Francis of Assisi were to join their walk, would they recognize it?

JUST PASS*ING THRU

WHEN I WALK
IT'S LIKE I PUT ON BIRD*WINGS
AND GLIDE ALMOST EFFORT*LESS*LY
GREAT DISTANCES
ACROSS TOWNS + VALLEYS + HILLS +
FIELDS + STREAMS
PEOPLE SEE ME WALK*ING:
MOST*LY THEY PAY ME NO MIND:
I'M NOT A THREAT:
I'M JUST PASS*ING THRU



COMMUNICATION

I TELEPHONE TO MY SISTER HAPPY*BIRTHDAY
AND SHE INFORMS ME I AM TIED IN TO
THE COMPUTER NET*WORK
INTERFACE*ING IN COMMUNICATION WITH
MY FLEET*OF*THOUGHT COMPADRES
-- BROTHERS + SISTERS THRU THE
MIRACLE OF ELECTRONIC
TECHNOLOGY

SINCERELY - M.D. NOVEMBER 1 1990
NEW*YORK*CITY



CHRISTMAS*SEASON

WE ANTICIPATE THE WINTER*SOLSTICE
WHEN THE SUN BEGINS TO COME BACK
TOWARD US
AND WE CELEBRATE A WONDER*FULL
MAN WHOSE NAME WAS JESUS
WHO LIVED AND DIED ALMOST
TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO
WHOSE SPIRIT HAS NEVER DIED
HIS SPIRIT IS WITH US NOW

I MAKE A VOW TO PRAISE HIM
FOR THE WONDER*FULL THINGS WHICH
HE DID DO FOR ME AND
FOR THE WONDER*FULL THINGS WHICH
HE DID TEACH TO ME --

LORD JESUS CHRIST
PLEASE HELP ME TO BE GOOD

No comments: