Thursday, June 15, 2006

dipping my toes into podcasting

I am co-principal investigator on a project involving students of Italian producing weekly radio broadcasts. So I am entering the world of podcasting. Scary but intriguing. I'm using PODCAST SOLUTIONS by Michael W. Geoghegan and Dan Klass as my bible.

My boss Tom McCone had the great idea of me recording myself reading my own poems, as the way to get into the recording phase. I love the idea. Hearing my own voice while scratching around for content would add obstacles to the learning of the recording and podcasting process. I love my poems, and this offers a venue for them.

So I'm going to upload an MP3 recording of me reading Just for You:Yahweh II, one of my favorites. Hope that this first attempt works. If not, well, Bill Stabosz my husband always says, "You have to do it wrong before you do it right."

No comments: