Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Brrr, it can get cold walking across America.

Mark's latest report reminds me of when my husband Bill and I hitch-hiked across the country, from the East Coast to the West, in 1971. Thumbing through northern Arizona we hit a patch where nobody picked us up for a couple of hours. It was the longest we'd ever gone with a ride, and it was COLD.

I think that right then and there we decided we'd buy a car. And so we did, when we got to Lubbock, Texas.


CROSS-WALK AMERICA UP-DATE:
DURING THE PAST 2 WEEKs WE DID-GET SOME RAIN+SLEET+SNOW, W/ THUNDER+LIGHTNING (VERY-VERY FRIGHTEN-ING), FRIDAY AFTER WE LEFT SHOW LOW ...
THAT EVE WE GOT TO A CHURCH-CAMP NEAR GREER,AZ + WHEN I WALK'D IN-TO THE DINING-ROOM, W/ A ROAR-ING WOOD-FIRE IN THE FIRE-PLACE + HOT COFFEE + HOT CHOCOLATE-DRINK + HOT APPLE-CIDER, WELL, I JUST-SIMPLY FEEL'D LIKE I WAS ALREADY IN "HEAVEN" ...
IT WAS A BIT COLD THERE NIGHTs, ELEV. 8300 FT., I THINK, BUT NOT TOO BAD ... OUR HOST WAS SO EXCELLENT-LY NICE, PREPARE-ING 3 MEALs/DAY, INCLUDE-ING LUNCH, AND THEN DID-NOT EVEN CHARGE US, AS SHE BELIEVEs IN WHAT WE ARE DO-ING !!
THE BEST WAY TO GET NEWs RE CWA IS THE WEB-SITE:
www.CrossWalkAmerica.org
THE BLOG IS ESPECIAL-LY KOOOL: I'V NOT EVEN SEEN IT YET, BUT I WILL, SOON ...
OF COURSE WE ALL HOPE FOR MORE PUBLICITY, BUT I RECKON THIS WILL HAPPEN, AS WE GO EAST-WARD TO BIG-ER + BIG-ER POPULATION-CENTERs: FOLKs IN CITYs TEND TO BE MORE "LIBERAL" + "PROGRESSIVE" ---SO MORE PUBLICITY IN LOCAL NEWsPAPERs IS PROBABLE ... MEAN-WHILE, MANY FOLKs ALONG THE WAY SUPPORT US: SOME FOLKs WHOM WE MET YESTERDAY IN A PIZZA-RESTAURANT DID-GIVE A $50 DONATION !!
NOW WE'R AT AN RV-PARK IN A LITTLE TOWN ---MOUNTAINAIR,NM)
LIKE, NEAR THE WESTERN-EDGE (THE HIGH-END) OF THE USA-GREAT-PLAINs--- LIKE, MOST-LY DOWN-HILL FROM HERE TO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER ...

SINCERE-LY, MARK CREEK-WATER
PEACE-WORKER/WALKER, SOUTH-WEST USA

No comments: