Sunday, April 02, 2006

Shout-out to the Chicago Staboszes


This is for the brothers and sisters of my husband Bill -- good to hear from you all, thanks for the notes and emails and prayers for Owen!

I tried to respond to brother-in-law Wally's blog comment but for some reason I can't write comments in my own blog. If my brain were working better I'm sure I could figure it out, but

{begin self-pity} ... these days I'm even more spazzed out than usual and my knowledge seems to be leaking out my ears in drips and drabs and sometimes rivulets {/end self-pity}


It made me smile to get my first correspondence from Wally. Thanks, bro'! Gerry has been keeping folks informed, Marge emailed me yesterday... a Great Big Hello to all of you guys in Illinois and Wisconsin. Staboszes are loving and loyal, I couldn't ask for a better family to marry into.

Speaking of Owen, Bill and I went over to Reetie house yesterday with Michael. Walter, Carrie and Em were already there. Owen's neck seems stronger, he's staying awake more and he's making little cooing noises as well as crying. He's like a little baby all wrapped up in his own little world, content to be cared for and held and babbled to, aware of what's going on around him but more interested in his own little world. I love to watch Bill with him, he does his famous baby crooning that he did with every one of our kids, and Owen responds and I think I even heard him croon/coo with him, but that might have been a wishful ear.

The next step is, he goes back to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for a re-evaluation. And then, he goes to A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital to meet a whole new team and get a whole new evaluation and second opinion.

No comments: