Monday, December 26, 2005

Blessed Christmas to you all.

I've been saying, "He's coming, He's coming, He's coming" for the past month, every time I start feeling blue. Now I can say, "He has come! The Lord Jesus has come once again in His threefold manner. Let the Christmas season begin!"

It's been a strange year. A lot of sorrow, a lot of joy. I feel like 2005 shook me to my core. My family and I are so blessed by God, even the ones who don't know it. My heart aches for the world, for the suffering of all of us, for our losses, for our despair. We are a mess of pottage, we human beings holding on to what we can in this world where fear threatens to overcome hope.

But the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness could not overcome It.

Deo gratias, Deo gratias, Deo gratias. Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, Kyrie eleison.

No comments: