Wednesday, August 03, 2005

non-snarky Catholic DaVinci Code web page

When I was still in my book group, I got snarky every time somebody suggested we read The DaVinci Code. It irritated me, as it irritated so many Catholics who'd done a bit of historical study, that Dan Brown took all this gnostic stuff that's been open and available for centuries and turned it into a conspiracy against truth by the Catholic Church.

Well, there's a nice Catholic inquiry site in England that put up a special section for DaVinci Code fans who become intrigued by Mary Magdalene through the book and want to look further.

http://www.life4seekers.co.uk/

The DaVinci Code section is on the left as you look at the home page. The rest of the site is not too shabby either.

I'm so tired of the culture wars. Have I mentioned that lately? Can't we have a truce?

No comments: