Thursday, June 30, 2005

sailing, sailing, over the bouding main

A friend has more cancer. Another friend's father dies suddenly. Pain and grief are right here and now. Everyday happiness, too. One sucks, the other feels great.

ROME, JUNE 24, 2005 - In his commentary on
Matthew (10:37-42) (this Sunday's Gospel reading), Capuchin Father Raniero Cantalamessa, the preacher of the Pontifical Household, speaks of how to live with and accept suffering and the cross.

Excerpt:
In this life, pleasure and pain succeed one another with the same regularity with which a wave rises in the sea and is followed by a depression and a vacuum capable of sucking in whoever attempts to reach the shore...
... We can approach the cross the way the sail does the wind. If the wind catches the sail on the appropriate side, the sail fills up and the wind carries the boat over the waves. If, however, the sail tangled, the wind breaks the mast and everything capsizes. Well carried, the cross leads us forward; badly carried, it crushes us.


Read the whole thing here at zenit

8 comments:

Smallman said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a canadian diabetes related site. Most of the articles are on canadian diabetes.

wholl resources said...

Searching for a cool flower poster directory i came across your blog. I felt like I needed to send her flower poster myself. I totally agree with your post and then some!!

Thanks

cslewisfan221 said...

Apparently, there are Narnia Events going on all over the country that are movie "sneek peeks". I just found some information at Narnia Resources

decor resources said...

Looking for muscle anatomy info for my thesis I came across your post. It is interesting!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I enjoyed my visit to your blog. You might find mine on flower garden interesting, too.

Anonymous said...

Reading blogs gives me so many ideas and I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to read yours. Feel free to stop by mine Roses and Rings and leave your comments. You'll see that mine covers a lot of flower and gardening territory, and stresses wedding flower

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

Orendon said...

WOW! What a great site you have here. I found it from my search for hurtful alternative medicine and it's a cut above the others. Even though my research lead me here and the revelance may not be exact, your content is very beneficial and rewarding. Here's some of me results regarding hurtful alternative medicine