Saturday, June 25, 2005

delete delete delete...

At the advice of my lawyer, I have complied with an order to delete all posts that referred to my troubles at the University of Delaware.

The straw that broke the camel's back was this, from a previous note:


We just received word that Bishop Saltarelli will be coming to Dover tomorrow to pray the rosary and the litany of St. Thomas More outside of Legislative Hall with all those gathered to oppose the destructive embryo bill.



My link to this blog from my sig file on my udel.edu account lead someone to this paragraph about our good and brave Bishop. This unnamed person followed the link, found the offending paragraph, and informed authorities at UD about its existence and the fact that it could be gotten to by clicking a link on a URL on a sig file from a udel.edu account.

In addition to removing all non-work-related URLs from my sig file, the UD administration informs me that it is not appropriate for me to write about the personalities, religious or political views of UD persons in this blog. So at the advice of my lawyer, I will refrain from doing so. I wish to keep my job, and avoid a legal battle. Blogs, you may have read in the news, have an uncertain status as to the protections of the First Amendment. I have neither the time, the money, nor the inclination to be among those who help establish First Amendment rights for bloggers.

Rae

No comments: