Saturday, May 07, 2005

saturday mornings in the month of Our Lady!


It's May and you know what that means. Time for me to get serious about Saturday morning garage sales. I had some great scores today, and great scores last week. Woo hoo!

I've branched out. Instead of just looking for books for the Pious Ladies Bookmobile, I've scored big on clothes two weeks in a row. Wednesday the University gave a service awards dinner and I got to be wined and dined for having stuck it out here for 25 years. I had absolutely nothing to wear and then last week I hit a bonanza. Got a beautiful three-piece evening wear glittery shimmery thing that was so elegant when I wore it that the woman who runs our department did not recognize me. For $5.00!

Today, I ran into Kevin Hudson the young man who is re-doing the Catholic Scholars web site for us. Turns out Kevin just bought his first house, a nice place in Notthingham Green and his mom and dad were on hand as he had his first garage sale. And what did this nice young man have for sale? Two tables and two racks of plus-size women's clothes from decent stores, about half of which still had their tags on them. It seems that the lady he bought the house from was a shopaholic and left all the clothes behind when she moved out. It was like sale day at the old Wilmington Dry Goods. Lots of fun, lots of scores.

I guess I'll have to take a whole new note to talk about the books I scored.

No comments: