Monday, April 25, 2005

I want to move to Austin, Texas


I flew to Austin, Texas with my sister Marguerite on Thursday and we spent the weekend with our other sister Marie. What a nostalgic homecoming to a place I had never been. Our mom, who flew target planes during WWII for the WASPs, was born in Oklahoma and raised in Texas. She got her pilot's training in Sweetwater. She came up North when she married Nick D'Orazio, our dad, and never returned to the South although to the end of her days she missed it.

"Ya'll Yankees don't know how to live," my mom would say. Irritating me, of course, because ... duh, whose fault was it I was raised a Yankee?

But everytime I go down South I fall in love with it all over again. Austin, which bills itself the Live Music Capital of the World, is a funky, hip city that is Texan to the bone. The New South at its best. I absolutely loved it.


3 comments:

Merrie said...

We want you to move to Austin too! Come on down y'all.
As the song goes, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." Thanks Sis!

Rae said...

Marguerite and I decided we have to come see you and Jeff once a year in Austin. You have to come see us too, but really it's so much more fun in Austin... :-)

Rae

Linda D said...

yes, real estate investment is really a fantastic idea as we have seen incredible growth of property in the past few years in Austin. People are keenly interested in buying property in Austin.
________________
Realtors in Austin