Thursday, April 28, 2005

Aunt Hallie's obituary

My great-aunt Hallie Julian died in November of last year. She was close in age to her niece, my mom Nickey Moss D'Orazio. She was also a close friend to my mom. When Mom died three years ago, I spoke to Aunt Hallie once, and my sister Marie spoke to her three or four times. Neither of us kept in touch. Our mom's cousin Betty Hopkins was probably the only one who did keep in touch. I learned about Aunt Hallie's death from my cousin Anita Moss. I wrote to all my Texas cousins at Christmastime, realizing that it was my mom's and their dad's generation who kept in touch, and that if none of us took it up we'd lose the family ties altogether.

We felt guilty that Aunt Hallie died alone. I was surfing the web just now and came across her obituary. Here it is.

Obit of Julian, Hallie C. - Comanche County, Oklahoma

Submitted by: Gene Phillips 3 Dec 2004
Return to Comanche County Archives:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ok/comanche/comanche.html
==========================================================================
USGENWEB NOTICE
Copyright. All rights reserved.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/copyright.htm
==========================================================================
:Highland Cemetery--Lawton OK

Becker Funeral Home, Inc. - Lawton OK

Hallie C. Julian

Age 91, Lawton, Funeral services will be at 1:30 pm Wednesday in the
Becker Funeral Home memorial Chapel, with Dr. William F. Watkins,
Associate Pastor of the First Baptist Church, Lawton, officiating.

Mrs. Julian died Saturday at her residence in Lawton.

Burial will be in Highland cemetery under the direction of Becker Funeral
Home.

She was born May 14, 1913 in Lawton to Hiram and Georgia (Shafer) Crain.
She grew up and attended schools in Lawton, and graduated from Cameron
College. She married LeRoy “Hoss” Julian on November 24, 1931 in Lawton.
He died March 8, 1973. Her husband was the Lawton Fire Chief for 8 years
from 1945 until 1953. She was a member of the First Baptist Church for
over 50 years, a charter member of Friends of the Holy City, and was a
member of the Order of the Eastern Star.

Survivors Include: 2 Nephews: Robert Ward of Fort Worth, TX and Basil Moss
of Lubbock, TX. Niece: Betty L. Hopkins of Hastings, MI and Many Grand
Nieces and Nephews.

She was preceded in death by: Parents and 5 Sisters.

Last modified: June 11, 2004


24 comments:

kalisekj said...

Nice Blog!!! It looks like you've spent a fair amount of time setting it up and keeping the content fresh. I'll be sure to come back.

I have a online dating blog. It pretty much covers free dating related stuff.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I absolutely love your blog! I'll definitely bookmark it, keep up the great work.

Please check out my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I absolutely love your blog! I'll definitely bookmark it, keep up the great work.

Please check out my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet

jiri said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I love your blog and will be sure to bookmark it. Keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet

DailyLinks said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

Look at this site I saw while surfing Dating Ideas site


Thanks

freestuff2 said...

Hey I just love your blog. I also have a american single com
blog/site. I mostly deals with american single com
Please come and check it out if you get the time!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I visited your asian online dating site today.

cheers!


asian online dating

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Tell your Secret

stony said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a freundschaft site/blog. It pretty much covers freundschaft related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

milfcritic said...

click for dating gay

milfcritic said...

asian dating site

Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Adult Personals said...

hehehehe good topic, like the site.

Anonymous said...

Came here searching for jewish dating service

Not a bad site you got here mate!

Check out mine
All about
jewish dating service

The Coupon Guru said...

I liked your secret shopping blog. I found this secret shopping site while browising... Check It Out !

usa said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.I have Totally Free dating site for singlesTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
I have a site to wedding veil.
It's a free information site on wedding veil.
You should check it out if you have the time :-)

Anonymous said...

subaru denver is another subaru denver place to check out.

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to visit again! Please feel free to visit my blog too at http://rushprnews.iuplog.com, RushPRnews Daily Gazette.
My site is ** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

Anonymous said...

nice site :)

Check out lesbian adult friend finderlesbian adult friend finder lesbian adult friend finder

Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about yahoo shopping and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about yahoo shopping so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by yahoo shopping