Thursday, March 10, 2005

mike castle & terri schiavo

I wrote to my Representative, Mike Castle, asking him to support Dave Weldon's bill introduced Tuesday, H.R. 1151, the “Incapacitated Person’s Legal Protection Act.” This bill would explicitly clarify fundamental due process rights for those who are incapacitated, are under court ordered removal of nutrition and hydration and have no written advanced medical directive in effect.

I had not visited Mike Castle's web site since he moderated our debate on embryonic stem cell research. I am sad to discover that he now has a new
Embryonic Stem Cell Research resource page. Sigh. I keep wanting to do something about this, to launch another attack on him in some format. Delaware is such a small state. At least get the Catholics in Delaware on board and ready to fight against this offensive. Offensive in many ways....

1 comment:

Carol from DE said...

You certainly have the right to have your opinion. This is America. And I have mine.

The government has NO PLACE in making laws and bills deciding personal family decisions like the one about Mike and Terri Schiavo.

I hope and pray that the courts turn this down. It's appalling to me that the government is involving them selves in this painfully, personal, decisions.