Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"I have a sister who was in the same situation as Terri Schiavo"

"I have a sister who was in the same situation as Terri Schiavo. 12 years ago my sister had a sudden cardiac arrest episode that caused major damage to her brain. Four days into her coma we were told by doctors that Kim was in a persistent vegetative state and that we should unplug her ventilator. If she made it through the night we were told to make arrangements to put her in a nursing home. My parents decided not to follow the recommendations of the doctors and to instead transfer her to a rehabilitation hospital. Kim was dependent on both a feeding tube and a ventilator. Through intensive occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy which included teaching her to swallow again, she made a wonderful recovery. Though she is still physically challenged and in a wheel chair, she is very much a productive member of society. She is living at home with my parents who are her care givers. She votes in elections and loves to debate the issues. My sister was given a second chance at life, and Terri deserves that same chance!"


Read the rest of the story
here.
Keep your eyes on www.blogsforterri.com as readers continue to relate similar stories.

Copy this and ask Matt Drudge at drudgereport.com to publish. The public needs to know what goes on.

1 comment:

Joshy said...

I appreciate your information on speech therapy. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on speech therapy exposed - I'd really appreciate it