Friday, July 30, 2004

Catholic Scholars on the go....

My neck is aching from the strain of staring up at the computer; all three of my pairs of computer glasses are currently lost, so I have to use the bottoms of my bifocals and I've been working intensely at the computer for the last few hours. That's the bad news. The good news is that it looks like Catholic Scholars at UD is going to host two events at the upcoming Ethics and Life Sciences conference at UD in October. Dr. Alfonso Gomez-Lobo has accepted our invitation and has been working with us by email from Chile to work out the details. Here is how it is shaping up so far:

Thursday, October 21, Inquiry for Truth dialogue: Theology of a Few? A Dialogue on Therapeutic Cloning.
The Inquiry for Truth dialogues have been going on since 1995, sponsored by Church and Campus Connection and Secular Student Alliance. This will be the first time Catholic Scholars has been a sponsor.

Saturday, October 23, Panel Discussion at conference proper: Science, Religion and Bioethics: Strange Bedfellows or Compatible Threesome? Dr. G-L never bases his bioethical arguments on religious presuppositions, but all of his bioethical positions are consonant with Catholic moral teaching. Hopefully this will poke holes in the hoary but still passionately held (by some, including scholars who ought to know better) idea that religion and science are at loggerheads.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

Anonymous said...

Hey came across your site looking for other affiliate program information related sites, and yours came up. Not bad ranking for the terms "affiliate program information" anyway i invite you all since im here to join my new forum! Start posting today! Makecash.org

Editor Choice said...

Many Thanks for your nice blog. I will come back.
Here an interesting site regarding: Chicago travel: Best prices at Chicago travel, best in travel industry in Chicago have great deals in travel industry on hotels, flights, Chicago tours, Concerts, Sports Tickets, Restaurants, sight seeing in Chicago and much more. Has an impressive guide on Chicago for your visit to Chicago, to provide useful travel information, hints and tips.

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about ebay selling techniqueand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay selling technique so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about ebay free powerseller shippingand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay free powerseller shipping so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

officialloversguide said...

101 Tips For Enhancing Your Love Life!!

You have a very good blog here. Full of jeri ryan divorce
content. Stop by my site if you have time to read more on jeri ryan divorce
.

Anonymous said...

Making money off of stupid people with Misspelledauctions.com



Try it is hilarious and works very well to find deals.

doer said...

Hello, you blog is interesting to read. More and more people are making ebay money, part-time or full-time. I have a website which info you more about ebay marketing. Please visit and learn more.